5 Tips to Prevent Mail Fraud
By: Old Point National Bank / 04 May 2023
On most days, your mail is probably pretty boring—a few bills here, some junk mail there, maybe a birthday card on an exciting day.
But to a scammer, your mail contains valuable personal information.
Here are some tips to recognize the warning signs of mail fraud and how to protect against it!
1. Refrain from using public mailboxes.
2. Take bills to a post office rather than leaving them in your mailbox for pick-up.
3. Know your billing cycles and watch for any missing mail.
4. Follow up if bills or new cards do not arrive on time.
5. If you choose to leave outgoing mail in your mailbox, do not put the flag up.