Tips to Help You Sell This Spring
By: Old Point National Bank / 25 Apr 2018
This is considered the best time of year to sell a home! Here are five tips that can help better ensure your home sells this Spring:
- Price it right. Always list your home at market value. Overpricing can send the wrong message to agents and buyers and can produce fewer showings.
- Update the kitchen and master bath. Consider replacing older appliances with stainless or add a backsplash and pendant lighting.
- Curb appeal. The home's exterior is the first thing a potential buyer sees. Clean up the yard, mow the lawn, and remove weeds. Freshen up the door with a new coat of paint, update the door knocker and add fresh, bright potted plants near the door.
- Lighting. During showings, make sure all of the lights are turned on. Replace old bulbs with new LED bright lights. This will not only add a bright, uplifting feel to every space but your home photos will look great as well.
- Freshen the air. It's imperative to air out the house before showings and open houses. You don't want foul odors to hit buyers as soon as they enter the home. A good carpet cleaning can also help remove odors.