10 House Hunting Tips!
By: Old Point Bank / 09 Feb 2018
Follow these tips to make it easier to find your new home!
- Take pictures. These will come in handy when comparing homes and making a decision.
- Don't do it alone. Bring a friend or family member. It's always good to have a second opinion.
- Find out how much you can afford. Focus on homes that are within your budget.
- Consider the proximity to your place of work. Think about the cost of gas and the time it will take to commute daily.
- Ask about utilities and other maintenance costs. This will give you an idea of what your expenses will be.
- Budget for additional costs. Decide if you can afford other costs such as necessary renovations.
- Use a real estate agent. Using an agent can save yourself time and stress.
- Sleep on it before you decide. You may have a different view after a good night's sleep.
- Decide on a neighborhood. Narrow down your search.
- Decide what you need vs. what you want. Stay focused on what's important.