Organizational Tips For The New Year!
By: Old Point Bank / 13 Jan 2017
We are here to help you if you want to get your finances organized in the new year to get ready to buy a home! Use these tips below to get your home and live organized in the meantime!
- Downsize – get rid of excess by eliminating things you don't need. Clothes, books, dvd's, games, toys, shoes, kitchen items. Rule of thumb: If you haven't used it in a year, pitch it!
- Simplify – the clutter of too many activities can cause stress, disorder and confusion. Try to limit the number of things your family commits to, and make time to enjoy each other' company.
- Clean – strive for a neater, cleaner home. Try to avoid just sitting things down when you come home or finish with them.
- Label – instead of packing things away in boxes, totes or crates, try labeling the items to make it easier to identify when you need it.
- Save – while cleaning out, examine the "what if" What if you saved the money you spent on that pair of shoes you are donating.What if you bought less and saved more?
We hope these tips help you through the New Year!