Spring Home Maintenance Tips
Every season, your home needs maintenance and a "tune-up", just like a vehicle! In the Spring, focus on freshening up the inside and outside of your home and protecting it against the affects of Mother Nature.
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Inspect the roof and chimney for cracks and damage
- Touch up any peeling or damaged paint.
- Wash all windows, inside and out.
- Clean outdoor furniture and air out cushions.
- Service your lawn mower.
- Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you have a basement with a sump pump, test it by dumping a large bucket of water into the basin of the sump pump to activate it. If it doesn't work properly, have it serviced by a professional.
- Wash and change seasonal bedding.
- Dust blinds and vacuum curtains.
- Clean kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Throw away outdated food, medicine and cosmetics.